Amanda-Users

Re: Need A sample Tapelist file

2003-06-24 17:47:52
Subject: Re: Need A sample Tapelist file
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:43:44 -0400
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:27:45PM -0400, Harry Mbang wrote:

> Hi,
>      I am still trying to get my first successful Amanda backup.  Now
> when I run amcheck, I get an error
>
> "cannot read/write /usr/local/var/Amanda/gnutar-lists: No such file or
> directory"
>
> Indeed there is no such file or directory.  My gnutar-lists is located
> in /var/lib/Amanda.  What shall I do?  I am also guessing that Amanda is
> going to want read/write other files and folders in the non-extisting
> directory.  Should I recompile Amanda with some option specifying the
> default directory for that type files and folders?  Thanks in advance
> for any advice.

First, "gnutar-lists" has nothing to do with the "tapelist file" subject.

When you ran configure, what did you specify as the prefix?  The
default is /usr/local/var/amanda I believe.  So there is a good
chance, as you surmise, that other things will be expected there
if you did not set a prefix.

Run configure --help to check the actual syntax.
Before recompiling, make sure to do a "make uninstall"
and "make distclean" to get rid of remnants of the old
installation and configure data.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)