Amanda-Users

Re: Need A sample Tapelist file

2003-06-13 12:58:38
Subject: Re: Need A sample Tapelist file
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Harry Mbang <hmbang AT devassoc1 DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:54:32 +0200
Harry Mbang wrote:

Do I need to specify the DT-2400 like that, and in addition to the
PT-25.  I ask because the DT-2400 is a tape cartridge and I thought only
the drive's specifications were needed.  Do I understand that you do not
have a separate tapelist?  Thanks for the response.

euh no. I had never heard of a PT-25 nor a DT-2400, so I was assuming
you had two tape drives.

But reading your first mail again, the "tapelist" is not the same
as the "tapetype".
The "tapelist" file is where amanda keeps the labels (and use dates) of
the tapes you labeled.
I vaguely remember there was a little bug in amanda, that if the
tapelist file contains an empty line ("ls -l" shows size 1 instead of 0)
then it triggered some error.
Make sure the tapelist file is size 0 (or non-existant) when you label
your very first tape.  And of course the user amanda should be able to
write into the file and the directory containing that file
(~amanda/TheConfig/tapelist  probably).

Harry.