Amanda-Users

Re: Backup plan needs advice.

2003-06-24 13:16:36
Subject: Re: Backup plan needs advice.
From: bao <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:12:01 -0700
Hi Martin

I forgot to state that this is a tapeless setup to back up to disk. Then the full backup will be transferred to tape,
and also is kept on disk for one week.

Martin Hepworth wrote:

Bao

Amanda will need two separate config's to do this, BUT they will have idea of each others existance so the 'daily' will to full backups as and when the amanda planner thinks it's time to do one.

I am _not_ letting Amanda schedule as to when to do a full backup, as is recommended. What I want (actually, my boss) is to force it to run a full every Monday, then a level 1 every other day for the rest of
the week, according to the most recent Monday.

I hope the above helps clarify it.

Sorry for the confusion.