Amanda-Users

Re: planner: [dumps too big...]

2003-06-21 22:21:45
Subject: Re: planner: [dumps too big...]
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:17:37 -0400
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 01:33:35AM +0200, Peter Kunst wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:15:12 -0400 Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > Q. What if `amdump' reports `dumps way too big, must skip incremental
> > dumps'?
> > A. It means Amanda couldn't back up some disk because it wouldn't fit
> [..]
>
> > When first bringing a new DLE online it must be level 0 dumped.
> > If runtapes is 1, then all dumps must fit on a single tape.
>
> Got it. Still not understand why all my level 0 stuff would fit on 2 tapes,
> and my runtapes says "2" and amanda refuses. All disks have been dumped
> fine already, thanks to dumplevel scheduling. I'm using amanda 2.4.4, BTW.

This sounded like you just added a bunch of new ones.

Also you said:

>>> BTW, level 0 means more than 400GB here vs holding disk size of
>>> currently 20GB and an Overland LTO1 robot.

IIRC, an LTO-1 holds a maximum of 100GB.  Even with runtapes 2, it
will be hard pressed to fit 400GB in one dump.

Is amanda using the second tape at all?  I.e., do you have a functioning
changer amanda configuration?  Did you run out of tape on the second
tape and still have DLE's to go and that is why the message?  Don't
feed us incomplete data and expect complete answers.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)