Amanda-Users

Re: planner: [dumps too big...]

2003-06-21 19:36:58
Subject: Re: planner: [dumps too big...]
From: Peter Kunst <Peter.Kunst AT csksoftware DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:33:35 +0200
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:15:12 -0400 Jon LaBadie wrote:
> Q. What if `amdump' reports `dumps way too big, must skip incremental dumps'?
> A. It means Amanda couldn't back up some disk because it wouldn't fit
[..]

> When first bringing a new DLE online it must be level 0 dumped.
> If runtapes is 1, then all dumps must fit on a single tape.

Got it. Still not understand why all my level 0 stuff would fit on 2 tapes,
and my runtapes says "2" and amanda refuses. All disks have been dumped
fine already, thanks to dumplevel scheduling. I'm using amanda 2.4.4, BTW.

> If holding disk is too small, or reserve parameter (default 100%)
> reduces the size below the DLE, the dump may not fit on tape and
> may not fit on holding disk.  What's amanda to do?  Skip the DLE.

Thanks for clarification, just learning how amanda thinks and why
i do it different.

 Peter