Amanda-Users

Re: Holding disks and the disk output driver

2003-06-10 14:07:58
Subject: Re: Holding disks and the disk output driver
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: "Steven M. Wilson" <stevew AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:03:32 -0400 (EDT)
Ted,
Steve,
Amanda users,

Stupid question, how smart is the rait driver for disk ?

If you put the spool area on the output disk will it juggle
the space ok ? Will it know to move the file from one directory
to another (move the file pointer # mv perhaps) rather than
having to copy all the bits and then remove the original ?

I only ask because someone at my site is looking to move to
diskless backups...

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian