Amanda-Users

Questions about Amanda

2003-06-09 16:54:57
Subject: Questions about Amanda
From: "Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA)" <rsa AT iesam.com DOT br>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:54:29 -0300
Hi,

      I have some questions about amanda.

          1. Always that I create a new configuration (ex:
/etc/amanda/Daily5/amanda.conf), I need to create the directories on
/var/amanda/Daily5/index/... and others. Could I do this automatic ?

          2. I need to get the backups of all my machines. Do I need to
create a /etc/amanda/Directory/amanda.conf for each of them ?

          3. If I put 'dump cycle' to 5, the partition that will be backuped
wil be divided by 5 and on each day 1/5 of the partition will be backuped,
ok ? What will happen if the machine that is backuped, down on the 4  day ?
Could I restore the 1,2,3 days before it down ?

          4. It it possible to add a commando to eject the tape after the
backyp is done ?? What ?

                 Thanks,

         Roberto Samarone Araujo