Amanda-Users

Re: [FIXED] Solaris binaries fail on 'libucb.so.1'

2003-04-18 05:00:27
Subject: Re: [FIXED] Solaris binaries fail on 'libucb.so.1'
From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard AT jasongeo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:46:50 +0200
* eric a. Farris <eafarris AT al.umces DOT edu> (Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at
09:55:57AM -0400)
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:23:29AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > I don't think anything "should" be required from libucb.  As I understand
> > it,
> > libucb is intended for backward compatibility to SunOS.  Forward going, or
> > new development on Solaris should not require it.
> >
> > Wonder if something triggered configure into thinking you were on SunOS
> > rather than on Solaris?
> >
> > I also checked the source by grep'ing "ucb", both 2.4.2 and 2.4.4.  I may
> > have overlooked something, but I only noted ucb used in terms of commands,
> > like /usr/ucb/MAIL, /usr/ucb/lpr, etc.
> >
> > Perhaps your library search path specifies /usr/ucblib earlier than some
> > system library directories.  Then when the system finds a function in
> > say libucb that matches the name of the one some other current library,
> > it chooses the first one it finds.
> >
> > Things to check:
> >
> >   The command 'crle' prints (among other things) the path the dynamic loader
> >   searches by default
> >
> >   echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH will show how you might modify that search path
> >
> >   Do you set any --with-library=... in your configure command
> >
> >   Do you have a setting of LDFLAGS in your environment or on the configure
> >   command line
> >
> >   Same for CFLAGS and CC.
> >

> > Like I mentioned, I see no reason for amanda to want libucb.
> > But I've been wrong before, many times.
> >

> This has been fixed by our Sun-God. While he didn't give me specifics on
> what he changed, he said "The problem was more with the compile
> environment than anything else." He did mention having to recompile with
> gcc2 and "hack the %@#* out of libtool." He did not make any
> modifications to the amanda source tree at all.

looks like it was using /usr/ucb/ld in stead of /usr/css/bin/ld

> Thanks for everyone's help on this. This gets me one major step closer
> to rolling out amanda for our network.

Currently listening to: CD Audio Track  4

        Gerhard,  <faliquid AT xs4all DOT nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Do you know that guy who used to live across from the prison?
 =`\<,  Well, now he lives across from his house.