Amanda-Users

Anyone have Mac OSX working?

2003-04-14 17:49:30
Subject: Anyone have Mac OSX working?
From: Doug Silver <dsilver AT urchin DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:10:57 -0700
Has anyone gotten Mac OSX backups working?  I've gotten the clients to compile
and it 'amchecks' fine, but the dumping seems to fail.  I've tried it with
both HFSTAR (based on gnutar 1.19) and the normal gnutar, but have not been
able to get it to consistently work.  It seems once I try to backup
everything in "Documents" for example, it bombs out with the 'signal 13'
error.  I also notice that during the backup, some of the normal
server-client connections fail.

Here are some of the errors:
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/local/bin/hfstar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/local/bin/hfstar -f... -
sendbackup: info end
sendbackup: error [/usr/local/bin/hfstar got signal 13]

Any suggestions?

TIA.

-doug