Amanda-Users

Re: Uninstalling

2003-04-15 20:16:14
Subject: Re: Uninstalling
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: James Dory <engineer AT ci.nome.ak DOT us>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:38:06 -0400
On Tue April 15 2003 14:26, James Dory wrote:
>I'm doing a bunch of searching for how to uninstall amanda so I
> can upgrade to the latest greatest. Searched google for uninstall
> amanda and for upgrading amanda. Saw a mention of a target in the
> Makefile, and I did see some reference to uninstall, but no
> location of a script or anything.
>
>Help please?

Well, if the latest, greatest is still amanda, then all you need to
do is configure it with the same script you used the last time.  I
have a little bash script I use to drive the real configuration,
and I build and install each new snapshot within a day of its
release.  The whole thing is a maybe 3:30 elapsed time total for
the configure, make, become root and install.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: