Amanda-Users

Re: Uninstalling

2003-04-15 18:55:05
Subject: Re: Uninstalling
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: James Dory <engineer AT ci.nome.ak DOT us>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:13:38 -0400

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 02:26 PM, James Dory wrote:

I'm doing a bunch of searching for how to uninstall amanda so I can upgrade to the latest greatest. Searched google for uninstall amanda and for upgrading amanda. Saw a mention of a target in the Makefile, and I did see some reference to uninstall, but no location of a script or anything.

You probably don't _need_ to uninstall -- it will just overwrite the old stuff.

I usually, when doing "./configure", add the "--prefix=/usr/local/amanda" option, so that (except for the changes to /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf (and possibly /etc/amandates)) I know where everything is...

Ricky