Amanda-Users

Re: Uninstalling

2003-04-15 19:08:24
Subject: Re: Uninstalling
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: James Dory <engineer AT ci.nome.ak DOT us>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:35:16 -0500
On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:26:33AM -0700, James Dory wrote:
> I'm doing a bunch of searching for how to uninstall amanda so I can
> upgrade to the latest greatest. Searched google for uninstall amanda and
> for upgrading amanda. Saw a mention of a target in the Makefile, and I
> did see some reference to uninstall, but no location of a script or
> anything.

If you've still got the original source tree around cd into it and type
"make uninstall" as the amanda user or root.  If you deleted your
original source tree it should still work if you download the same
version of amanda, ./configure it with the same args and then run "make
uninstall".  Otherwise you'll have to to a find(1) on / looking for
things owned by the amanda user and rm'ing them.

Good luck,

Brandon D. Valentine
--
Systems Administrator