Amanda-Users

RE: configure: error

2003-04-11 14:29:52
Subject: RE: configure: error
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:57:07 -0400
In the directory you unpacked AMANDA into, there is a file named INSTALL. It
contains solutions for this and almost every other problem you will run into
with configure.

AMANDA's configure has some required parameters; at least --with-user and
--with-group, which should be set based on the user that will be running the
backups.

A separate user for running backups is recommended, often named 'amanda' or
'backup'. Making that user a member of the group 'disk' or 'sys' (depending
on your OS) will make backups easier permission-wise.