Amanda-Users

Re: configure: error

2003-04-11 13:53:19
Subject: Re: configure: error
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: "" <hax0r AT maine.rr DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:32:30 -0400
On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 11:21 AM, "" <hax0r AT maine.rr DOT com> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to install amanda backup software on my server and I get an
error when i run "./configure".

the error is " configure: error: *** --with-user=USER is missing"

can anyone help me in findingout the error and help me in smooth
installation of this?

I'm sure you're going to get a ton of responses, but I don't see any yet...

You _cannot_ install Amanda without reading the docs. Any attempt to do so will meet with failure. This particular error is because you need to supply a '--with-user' parameter to configure. You also need to supply a '--with-group', probably '--with-tape-server', etc...

Read the docs...

Ricky