Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and changer

2003-04-08 20:21:25
Subject: Re: Amanda and changer
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:48:36 -0500
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 03:51:28PM -0400, rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca wrote:
> Amanda will no longer operate my changer for my tape library.  It'll load
> the first tape but won't load subsequent tapes during an amcheck run.
> Actually, it stops trying completely after the putting the first
> tape away.
>
> I've attached a log.  It appears to be an mtx/scsi problem, but I haven't
> been able to reproduce the problem when I manually use mtx.
>
> The following occurs when it attempts to go for subsequent tapes in
> syslog:
>
> (scsi0:A:3:0): Unexpected busfree in Command phase
> SEQADDR == 0x178

Are you using chg-zd-mtx?  What have you set max_drive_wait to in your
changer file?  For my AIT3 drive I must set it to 300 seconds as the
default is not long enough to both rewind and eject an AIT tape
(necessary when you're using a nonrewinding tape device).  I get
similiar errors with max_drive_wait set to the default.  I suspect this
is your problem, particularly since it works for you when using mtx
manually.

HTH,

Brandon D. Valentine
--