Amanda-Users

Amanda and changer

2003-04-08 17:36:39
Subject: Amanda and changer
From: rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:51:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

Amanda will no longer operate my changer for my tape library.  It'll load
the first tape but won't load subsequent tapes during an amcheck run.
Actually, it stops trying completely after the putting the first
tape away.

I've attached a log.  It appears to be an mtx/scsi problem, but I haven't
been able to reproduce the problem when I manually use mtx.

The following occurs when it attempts to go for subsequent tapes in
syslog:

(scsi0:A:3:0): Unexpected busfree in Command phase
SEQADDR == 0x178

I've observed this on two different hosts running different versions of
kernel and aic7xxx driver, the cables and equipment has also been changed
along with the host.

rh 7.3 (2.4.18-3), 8.0 (2.4.18-14)
aic7xxx 6.2.10, 6.2.31
mtx 1.3.1, 1.2.16rel