Amanda-Users

Re: Issue getting started.

2003-04-08 19:01:06
Subject: Re: Issue getting started.
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Dirk H Bartley <dbartley AT schupan DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:37:41 -0400 (EDT)
On 8 Apr 2003 at 5:03pm, Dirk H Bartley wrote

> I'm getting a core dump when I run any amanda program.
>
> [root@srvbai2 amanda-2.4.4]# amcheck
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
*snip*
> When I configure I get the following warning and I am not sure if it is
> related.
>
> checking linux/ftape-header-segment.h usability... no
> checking linux/ftape-header-segment.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: linux/ftape-header-segment.h: present but cannot be
> compiled
> configure: WARNING: linux/ftape-header-segment.h: check for missing
> prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: linux/ftape-header-segment.h: proceeding with the
> preprocessor's result

That shouldn't be a problem.

> The amanda is compiled from source on a redhat 7.0 machine with an

Wow that's old.  Any chance of upgrading?  If not, make sure that you've
got *all* the errata installed.  ISTR several glibc bug fixes since 7 came
out.  Also, I believe it's been EOLed now.

Of course, 9 just came out, so good luck getting to a mirror...

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering