Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx issue ?

2003-04-07 11:53:00
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx issue ?
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Peter Stokes <peter AT ashlyn.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:28:59 -0400 (EDT)
Peter,

I retrieved the script and diff'd it with the current version.
Found it wasn't just the addition of some sleep statements, the
size differencd is 2:1.

Did you build your modifications off of the 2.4.4 script or off
of something older, there was apparently an extensive re-write
of chg-zd-mtx between v 2.4.3 and 2.4.4.

In fact I was running the 2.4.4 script under amanda 2.4.3 on
this same system when it was running Solaris 8, it worked beautifully.

Somewhere in the Solaris 9 upgrade and perhaps the update of amanda
to 2.4.4 as a true and complete installation and the update to the
current mtx utility I developed a problem.

Just to be through though I did put the script in place, there
are apparently differences in formatting of output and not just
coding.

# amtape ninfo update
amtape: could not get changer info: could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx"

> Missed the beginning of the thread, but I had a problem with this script and
> traced it down to needing sleep statements at certain points in the script
> as the commands were coming in too fast.
>
> see
>
> http://www.ashlyn.co.uk/downloads/chg-zd-mtx

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org