Amanda-Users

Re: Pornography

2003-03-20 17:17:51
Subject: Re: Pornography
From: Scott Mcdermott <smcdermott AT questra DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:42:52 -0500
Marty Shannon, RHCE on Thu 20/03 13:50 -0500:
> *All* lists *I'm* on -- with the exception of this one --
> do not permit any access by non-subscribers (except to
> subscribe, of course).

Agreed.  This is standard practice on most lists and cuts
down radically on direct spam to the list itself.  There is
no reason someone should not want to subscribe to the list
to post.  It doesn't stifle openness either...not sure what
argument there is for that.  No one is preventing a
subscriber from posting or delaying his post.  And in most
cases the subscription process takes less than a minute.