Amanda-Users

Re: Two more amanda questions

2003-02-26 19:23:04
Subject: Re: Two more amanda questions
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:01:39 -0500
On Wed February 26 2003 14:33, John Oliver wrote:
>1) This morning, my amanda report said:
>
>These dumps were to tape Indyme010.
>The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
>
>Instead of "The next tape Amanda expects to use is: Indyme011."
>
>Here's the tapelist:
>
>20030226 Indyme010 reuse
>20030225 Indyme009 reuse
>20030221 Indyme008 reuse
>20030220 Indyme007 reuse
>20030219 Indyme006 reuse
>20030218 Indyme005 reuse
>20030215 Indyme004 reuse
>20030214 Indyme003 reuse
>20030213 Indyme002 reuse
>20030212 Indyme001 reuse
>0 Indyme013 reuse
>0 Indyme012 reuse
>0 Indyme011 reuse
>
>There was a 014 and 015 in there, but I deleted them so, afetr
> this week, it would go back to using 001 on Monday.
>

>2) Also, my report gave me another STRANGE backup, caused in part
> by stuff in /tmp and the holdingdisk changing.  But:
>
>[root@backup root]# cat /usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar
>/tmp
>/hold

exclude lists were, the last time I used them, to be stated in
"relative" format. If you had entered ./tmp and ./hold (note the
leading dot to anchor it to the present directory) then *any* tmp
dir and *any* hold dir will have been skipped, including the
subdirs of any such named dir.

But please read the docs, this may have been changed since the last
time I used this feature.  As the stuff I figure is loseable in
/tmp, then I just don't put it in my disklist, and of course I do
not have a "/" entry in my disklist as that would take about 6 of
my 4 gig tapes to cover in one swell foop.  I can regenerate it if
I need it bad enough.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M