Amanda-Users

Re: Two more amanda questions

2003-02-26 17:12:30
Subject: Re: Two more amanda questions
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:54:16 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 at 11:33am, John Oliver wrote

> These dumps were to tape Indyme010.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
>
> Instead of "The next tape Amanda expects to use is: Indyme011."
>
> Here's the tapelist:
>
> 20030226 Indyme010 reuse
> 20030225 Indyme009 reuse
> 20030221 Indyme008 reuse
> 20030220 Indyme007 reuse
> 20030219 Indyme006 reuse
> 20030218 Indyme005 reuse
> 20030215 Indyme004 reuse
> 20030214 Indyme003 reuse
> 20030213 Indyme002 reuse
> 20030212 Indyme001 reuse
> 0 Indyme013 reuse
> 0 Indyme012 reuse
> 0 Indyme011 reuse

That's normal -- amanda can't read your mind, and doesn't know that you
intend on using Indyme011 next.  Once you've used tapecycle worth of tapes
once, amanda will start asking for them in the same order in which they
were first used.

> 2) Also, my report gave me another STRANGE backup, caused in part by
> stuff in /tmp and the holdingdisk changing.  But:

> [root@backup root]# grep backup /etc/amanda/DailySet1/disklist
> backup /dev/hda1 comp-root-tar
>
> What am I doing wrong to get /tmp and /hold excluded?

I think you want ./tmp and ./hold in there -- relative paths.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering