Amanda-Users

Re: Two more amanda questions

2003-02-27 14:12:38
Subject: Re: Two more amanda questions
From: Dave Sherohman <dsherohman AT westling DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:39:49 -0600
On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 04:28:02PM -0800, John Oliver wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 05:26:59PM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > Just a guess, but I'd say it's because "0" is not a valid date, so
> > those lines are being ignored completely.
>
> Those lines are what results when you amlabel a tape.  If your
> surmisation was correct, amanda would never use any tapes.

No, if my guess is correct, amanda would never ask by name for a tape
that hasn't been used yet and would instead ask simply for "a new tape".
This is, incidentally, exactly what the original question described
happening.

It has been long enough since I last added tapes to my rotation that I
don't recall whether this is what I saw, but it seems like a reasonable
behaviour to me (why should amanda prefer one unused tape over another?),
so I would have considered it unremarkable if I had seen it.