Amanda-Users

Re: Two more amanda questions

2003-02-26 18:01:00
Subject: Re: Two more amanda questions
From: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:38:46 -0800
On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 03:54:16PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> > 20030226 Indyme010 reuse
> > 20030225 Indyme009 reuse
> > 20030221 Indyme008 reuse
> > 20030220 Indyme007 reuse
> > 20030219 Indyme006 reuse
> > 20030218 Indyme005 reuse
> > 20030215 Indyme004 reuse
> > 20030214 Indyme003 reuse
> > 20030213 Indyme002 reuse
> > 20030212 Indyme001 reuse
> > 0 Indyme013 reuse
> > 0 Indyme012 reuse
> > 0 Indyme011 reuse
>
> That's normal -- amanda can't read your mind, and doesn't know that you
> intend on using Indyme011 next.  Once you've used tapecycle worth of tapes
> once, amanda will start asking for them in the same order in which they
> were first used.

I thought amanda would just read from the bottom of the list.  When it
was done with tape 009, 010 was at the bottom of the list and was used.
Now 010 is done, and 011 is at the bottom of the list.  Why isn't it
just taking that, instead of "trying to read my mind"? :-)

dumpcycle 1 week
runspercycle 5
tapecycle 15 tapes

> > What am I doing wrong to get /tmp and /hold excluded?
>
> I think you want ./tmp and ./hold in there -- relative paths.

Ahhh!  Thanks...

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/