Amanda-Users

amcheck error

2003-02-20 11:20:05
Subject: amcheck error
From: "Madhvi Gokool" <madhvin AT yahoo DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:11:33 +0400
Hello
amcheck is giveing the error messsages below : -

ERROR: backup.terrasky.mu: [could not access /dev/hda5 (/usr): Permission
denied]
ERROR: backup.terrasky.mu: [could not access /dev/hda5 (/dev/hda5):
Permission denied]
I have verified the permissions on the /usr as follows: -
   2 drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         4096 Jan 24 16:09 usr
Logged in as user amanda, I have been able to view a file in one of the /usr
sub-directories.
>From my point of view, everyone has read and execute access on the /usr
directory.

Please help.