Amanda-Users

Re: 2.4.4b1 cygwin client and specifying DLEs with spaces...

2003-02-12 17:12:38
Subject: Re: 2.4.4b1 cygwin client and specifying DLEs with spaces...
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: jrj AT purdue DOT edu
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:47:18 -0500

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 10:42  PM, John R. Jackson wrote:

If so, then you should be able to use an "include" clause and put the
sub-folders to include within some major top level area, and that file
is only processed by GNU tar and (I think) may contain spaces.

So the DLE might be:

  xxxx.xxxx.xxxx /cygdrive/c {
    comp-tar
    include list "include-1"
  }

and in /cygdrive/c/include-1:

  ./Documents and Settings/myuserfolder

Note that you cannot use "include file" as that passes the thing to
include across to the client in the Amanda protocol and falls prey to
the protocol problems.

Hmmmm.... at this point, I have a 2.4.2p2 server, which doesn't mention the "include list" in the manpage. Will it still work? Or would I have to upgrade to 2.4.4b1 for the server as well? In which case, would I have to upgrade the other 2.4.2p2 clients?

Cause if it will just work, then life is great! I just am not ready to upgrade everything, in part because getting the compiler to work on the Solaris 2.6 boxes is a big pain...

Thanks,
Ricky