Amanda-Users

Re: 2.4.4b1 cygwin client and specifying DLEs with spaces...

2003-02-10 17:56:53
Subject: Re: 2.4.4b1 cygwin client and specifying DLEs with spaces...
From: Doug Kingston <dpk AT randomnotes DOT org>
To: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:20:32 +0000
I can show you my .amanda.exclude for a Cygwin installation (attached). There is no problem with spaces.

By DLE I assume you mean the disklist file? Not sure how to get spaces in that. Have you looked at the source?

-Doug-

Richard Morse wrote:

Hi!  This is probably a really easily answered question, but I'm not having
any luck finding it (probably going blind)...

I've got the 2.4.4b1 client set up on a cygwin machine.  The backup is going
well, but in order to create a DLE, I had to do some aliasing.  Is there a
way to specify a DLE like:
Xxxxx.xxxx.xxxx /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/myuserfolder comp-tar

That is, include paths with spaces?

Alternatively, in the .amanda-gtar-excludes file, can I specify directories
with spaces?  So I can exclude /Program Files?

Thanks,
Ricky

./.emacs.d
./CD-Images
./DMI
./Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Temp
./Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files
./Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Data/Mozilla/dpk/y59np5c1.slt/Cache
./Documents and Settings/Owner/Recent
./Documents and Settings/eb/My Documents/jmcscans
./Documents and Settings/eb/Local Settings/Temp
./Documents and Settings/eb/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files
./Documents and Settings/amanda/Local Settings/Temp
./Documents and Settings/amanda/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files
./HP
./I386
./INSTALLS.TMP
./ML