Amanda-Users

Re: Amflush failing silently

2003-02-10 17:08:33
Subject: Re: Amflush failing silently
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:04:10 -0500
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:27:34PM +0100, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jean-Louis Martineau schrieb:
> >On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 01:32:01PM +0100, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>Thanks, but that can't be the problem, because this patch had been applied
> >>*before* the last failing amflush.
> >>And it does not show the described symptoms, amflush is not hanging and
> >>not eating up memory and cpu-cycles, it simply terminates fast without
> >>sending
> >>an e-mail or doing anything it is expected to do.
> >>Noe core-files laying around, it just marks the first matching tape as
> >>used in the database and then terminates.
> >>Any thoughts?
> >

> >Could you run amflush under a debugger? I would like to know where it
> >crash?
>
> If you can give me a brief instruction how i'll try it, i've never done
> this before, so i don't know how.

$ gdb amflush
(gdb) run <config>

type 'where' on the gdb prompt when it crash.

Send me also the amflush log file.

Jean-Louis

> >Do you have the same problem with 2.4.4b1?
>
> this is the main production-server of a customer of us, and i'm a bit scared
> about installing "beta"-software on it, so i haven't try'd this yet.
> If you consider it stable enough for production-use i'll try it.

I would have released the 2.4.4 stable this week-end if you haven't send
this bug report. It is better than 2.4.3.

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal