Amanda-Users

Re: Amflush failing silently

2003-02-08 13:56:58
Subject: Re: Amflush failing silently
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>, Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:20:12 -0500
On Saturday 08 February 2003 07:27, Christoph Scheeder wrote:

[...]
>>From Jean-Louis:
>> Do you have the same problem with 2.4.4b1?
>
>this is the main production-server of a customer of us, and i'm a
> bit scared about installing "beta"-software on it, so i haven't
> try'd this yet. If you consider it stable enough for
> production-use i'll try it.
>
>Christoph

Christoph; I've been building the 2.4.4b1 releases and using them
here, usually within 12 hours of their release on Jean-Louis's
site, with no known problems here, on a redhat8.0 box using a
Seagate/Compaq 4 slot changer.  For me, thats 'production use'.

IMO, amanda is a moving target, getting better all the time, and its
currently at least as stable as any 2.4.2 release ever was.  But
that, and a buck twenty five will get you a cuppa most places.

Here if it breaks, it hasn't broken a paying client, just me, but
the list will be notified asap too.  Would I put it on a clients
machinery?  In a heartbeat...

My $0.02, not adjusted for inflation. :)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M