Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with stacker mode

2003-02-10 16:22:37
Subject: Re: Problem with stacker mode
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: yam <yam AT debianized DOT org>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:04:39 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 at 10:01pm, yam wrote

> I have changed back to random mode, and decided to go for the splitting up
> way, but I have a main doubt since I have a big fs.
>
> How can I split up a one terabyte filesystem (whose directories I dont
> know its size) in 30~40GB amanda disklist entries so I can back it up
> using amanda? Using tar? What do you mean?

There's an example in the disklist in the examples directory in 2.4.3+.
You just break the fs into many disklist entries, each a subdirectory of
the large fs.  You do incur overhead as to monitoring your DLEs to make
sure that they don't get too big.  But it's the only way.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering