Amanda-Users

Problem with stacker mode

2003-02-05 05:30:04
Subject: Problem with stacker mode
From: "yam" <yam AT debianized DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:50:44 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have been using amanda for over a year. Having HP SureStore Autoloader
(9 tapes carrusel). It's been ok during that time.

Now, since I have to backup a big disk, I have decided to change the
autoloader operation mode from random mode, to stacker mode... Thats means
now it doesnt have a 9 tapes carrusel but a big tape (tape capacity = 9
DLT 40/80 tapes).

Have been trying to make it work, but no luck. After some tests, about the
same result on each one. It detects the end of the tape at first tape,
instead of detecting it at the end of the 9th tape. It is senseless since
now I have only a /dev/st0 device (and the non-rewind one), but there's no
/dev/sg0.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks...

See you.