Amanda-Users

Re: Running AMANDA over the Internet

2003-02-05 12:18:19
Subject: Re: Running AMANDA over the Internet
From: "Kirill Ponazdyr" <lists AT codeangels DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:36:06 +0100 (CET)
As many already sudgested: VPN is your best choice. Sometimes VPN is not
an option though, the second best option is:
http://cns.utoronto.ca/~pkern/stuff/

There is a patch which will allow the SSL encryption of the amanda dump
images. It is pretty good, since you can specify in a dumptype if you want
a encryption or not.

As for Kerberos: unless you know it well and have a infrastructure running
already it is probably the least advisable option of the three. In
addition to that we could not compile Amanda with Kerberos support on
solaris no matter what we tried.

Regards

Kirill

Kirill Ponazdyr