ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Image backup -incremental issue

2010-04-14 07:22:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Image backup -incremental issue
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 07:20:53 -0400
On Apr 14, 2010, at 12:17 AM, Gibin wrote:

> I verified my incl-excl list again ...don't see any mention of the Drive or
> directories i am backing up  .Just to make sure removed all  incl-excl
> options in the dsm.opt  and tried . Still no success....

Make sure you are verifying via 'dsmc query inclexcl' as Andy specified - not
looking at your options file, which tells only part of the story.

> Also noticed ,image incremental backs up any new directories created in
> internal direc  but not new files created in internal directories.

You don't say if you've followed Andy's recommendation to review the incrbydate
rules relative to the files involved.  Under the topic "Full and partial
incremental backup" in the client manual you'll see the full set of criteria
for determining if a file should be backed up in an ordinary incremental, as
well as directory backup rules.  The key criterion here for files is "Date or
time of last modification".  It is possible for files to be planted in a file
system with an old date, or have their datestamp set back, depending upon the
file system and operating system.  Inspect the attributes of some of the files
involved to see what the situation is.

   Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs/