ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Image backup -incremental issue

2010-04-13 09:18:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Image backup -incremental issue
From: Gibin <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:17:25 -0400
I am doing monthly Image backup of a file-system with millions of small files
.New file changes in the directory are in the range of 90,000 files per day
.Daily i run Image incremental backups on this drive .

dsmc backup image e: -mode=incremental

Image full backups work fine .ButI noticed a major issue in image incrementals
..

It never backups any new files in interior directories structures...

eg: If we create some new files in the path

e:\output\ABC\ ,they never get backed up using image incremental .

But if files get created in e:\ or in e:\output , they are being considered in
image incremental backups ....

Am i missing any option in my Image incremental backup or something ?

Has anyone faced some issue like this ?  [Rolling Eyes]