ADSM-L

Re: Restores failing

2006-10-25 10:01:59
Subject: Re: Restores failing
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:57:47 -0600
Some thoughts:

- Have you reviewed the entire activity log since the time this volume was
created (20 October, based on volume history information)? A good starting
point would be to query the activity log for all messages containing that
volume name. You'll also want to look for any related messages before and
after messages containing that volume name.

- The QUERY VOLUME info you mentioned in a prior post shows a last read
date of yesterday, about half past noon. Maybe look at the activity log in
detail around that time frame to see what was going on.

- Have you tried auditing the library?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/25/2006
06:40:46 AM:

> Richard Sims wrote:
> > Regarding:
> >
> >> Removable volume 5009L is required for a restore request from session
> >> 1444. (SESSION: 1444)
> >
> > Hello, Skylar -
> >
> > Whereas a full Query Volume shows a healthy volume, let's now look
> > further...
> >
> > Do 'Query LIBVolume * 5009L'.  If that responds with
> >   ANR2034E QUERY LIBVOLUME: No match found using this criteria.
> > it suggests that the volume was checked out of the library.
>
> AFAIK, I haven't checked the volume out at all, but in any case it's
> been in the library since I tried the restore.
>
> tsm: SHANTI>q libv * 5009L f=d
>
> Library Name  Volume Name  Status      Owner       Last Use   Home
> Device  Cleanings Left  Media Type
>                                                               Element
Type