ADSM-L

Re: Restores failing

2006-10-25 08:25:16
Subject: Re: Restores failing
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:23:24 -0400
Regarding:

Removable volume 5009L is required for a restore request from session
1444. (SESSION: 1444)

Hello, Skylar -

Whereas a full Query Volume shows a healthy volume, let's now look
further...

Do 'Query LIBVolume * 5009L'.  If that responds with
  ANR2034E QUERY LIBVOLUME: No match found using this criteria.
it suggests that the volume was checked out of the library.

Also, something that should have immediately caught my eye yesterday:
that volume name is only five characters long, which is odd: I would
expect it to be six characters, or 8 if the 2-char cartridge type
appendage is observed.  Research your Activity Log and see how that
cartridge was introduced to TSM, and what has gone on with it.
Something's not right there.

   Richard Sims