ADSM-L

Re: ANR8984E error message

2006-10-24 14:32:24
Subject: Re: ANR8984E error message
From: James Choate <jchoate AT SOURCE1INC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:31:24 -0600
Thanks.  Its there.

tsm: TSM>help ANR8984E
-------

ANR8984E The drive drive name in library library name is incapable of
performing any drive encryption operations.

Explanation: The server queried the drive's encryption capability, and
the
query failed or the query showed that the drive does not have encryption
capabilities.

System Action: The mount operation fails.

User Response: If this message occurs on a scratch mount and drive
encryption has not been utilized yet, you can turn drive encryption off
by
updating the DRIVEENCRYPTION parameter on the device class. Otherwise,
verify your hardware configuration. First, verify that all the drives in
this logical library support drive encryption. Second, verify that the
device driver controlling all of the drives in this library also
supports
drive encryption. If both the drives and the device driver support drive
encryption, call your drive hardware support.