ADSM-L

Re: Restores failing

2006-10-24 13:35:52
Subject: Re: Restores failing
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:34:42 -0400
On Oct 24, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Skylar Thompson wrote:

I've been having restores failing for clients with this error
message in
the server log:

Removable volume 5009L is required for a restore request from session
1444. (SESSION: 1444)

Please don't strip off message numbers when citing errors.  This one
would be ANR1254I.

Your Query Volume did not include Format=Detailed, so you're not
seeing the Access Mode, which typically explains why a volume could
not be used.  (A Request will be outstanding until it times out,
typically after an hour.)

Do a daily 'Query Volume ACCess=UNAVailable' to identify volume
victims of drive or I/O errors, so that they may be treated
appropriately, as this is one cause of data not making it to copy
storage pools and causing later mystery recoverability problems.

    Richard Sims