ADSM-L

Re: Restores failing

2006-10-25 09:42:28
Subject: Re: Restores failing
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 06:40:46 -0700
Richard Sims wrote:
> Regarding:
>
>> Removable volume 5009L is required for a restore request from session
>> 1444. (SESSION: 1444)
>
> Hello, Skylar -
>
> Whereas a full Query Volume shows a healthy volume, let's now look
> further...
>
> Do 'Query LIBVolume * 5009L'.  If that responds with
>   ANR2034E QUERY LIBVOLUME: No match found using this criteria.
> it suggests that the volume was checked out of the library.

AFAIK, I haven't checked the volume out at all, but in any case it's
been in the library since I tried the restore.

tsm: SHANTI>q libv * 5009L f=d

Library Name  Volume Name  Status      Owner       Last Use   Home
Device  Cleanings Left  Media Type
                                                              Element  Type
------------  -----------  ----------  ----------  ---------  -------
------  --------------  ----------
EMPIRE        5009L        Private                 Data       4,099

> Also, something that should have immediately caught my eye yesterday:
> that volume name is only five characters long, which is odd: I would
> expect it to be six characters, or 8 if the 2-char cartridge type
> appendage is observed.  Research your Activity Log and see how that
> cartridge was introduced to TSM, and what has gone on with it.
> Something's not right there.

I checked it in through our I/O port. The volume name comes from our bar
code reader, and it matches the text that's on that volume.

-- K324, (206)-685-7354
-- University of Washington Medical Center