ADSM-L

Re: Journaling

2002-11-07 17:32:39
Subject: Re: Journaling
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:17:52 -0800
I submitted this today. I think the only way anyone at IBM is going to do
anything is if more of us request it. Can you imagine what I'm in for? I 'm
told another terabyte of space is going to be added on this one server so I
could expect another 8 million files. It will never get backed up.

I have another computer I can try this on, much much smaller numbers, but
still on the SAN. I'll let you know if anything differs.

                        Marketing Field Requirement

* = Required Field
|---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------|

|---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------|
| Status              |Acknowledged

|---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
--------------------------------------------|
| Section Editors:                         |

|------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
---------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
---------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
---------------------------------------------|
| *Title:                                  | Enable Journal Backups for
Network/SAN disks.                               |
|------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
---------------------------------------------|
do not work on Network/SAN disks. Please      |
|                                          | change the code to have it
work.                                            |
|------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
-----------------------------------
|------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
---------------------------------------------|