ADSM-L

Re: %Util vs %Migr

1998-12-18 09:25:00
Subject: Re: %Util vs %Migr
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:25:00 -0500
In <0055600006466605000002L052*@MHS>, on 12/18/98
   at 07:39 AM, "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM> said:

>Sorry -  I forgot to mention that we turned caching off.  That's why we
>expected to see %UTIL and %MIGR figures to be about the same most of the
>time.  Any other thoughts?

Just turning caching off doesn't clear the cached files from the diskpool.
You need to do one of a number of things.
1. Fill the diskpool to 100%.  this will cause the cached versions to be
released to make room for the new files.
2. Migrate down to 0, then do move data commands on all the
disk volumes.  This will free the cached images.

When I turned caching off, I did #2.
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab