ADSM-L

%Util vs %Migr

1998-12-17 16:00:43
Subject: %Util vs %Migr
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:00:43 -0600
My ADSM VM server support person and I have been tracking our disk stgpool
volume usage for the last week or so.  The figures we are seeing regularly
are %UTIL is consistently about 32% higher than %Migr  (37% Util vs. 5%
Migr).  We run with thresholds of 90% and 70% from 5am until 9pm at which
time they drop down to 10% and 5% to encourage migration.  We are concerned
that the %Util figures and %Migr figures do not run generally about the
same.  We are currently running an audit volume on each of our volumes to see
if there is any damage on any of the volumes that might be causing this
discrepancy.  All volumes are varied online.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.