nv-l

[nv-l] Need help with discovery process

2002-04-22 08:00:29
Subject: [nv-l] Need help with discovery process
From: "sabirali sama" <sabirali.sama AT elyzium.co DOT uk>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:00:29 +0100

Hi all,

Situation 1.

Has anyone experienced the following, I installed NetView 7.1 on Solaris 2.8 and the server seems to discover all nodes but the interesting thing is that routers gets discovered and are represented by the green square box, so to rectify this I loaded the mib and checked that snmp/cs are set/enabled. I then deleted one router from all maps and again the node got discovered and is still represented by the green square box.

I delete the object once more and then add it MANUALY and the correct symbol is displayed, using loadhosts I still get the green square box

Any ideas is this a bug, I hope not as there are more than hundred routers in this state.

Situation 2.

When a router goes down it turns red but the event comes up as unreachable, how can I create a dynamic work space to list all nodes that are down i.e. unreachable/critical

Many thanks in advance,

Sabirali Sama

Tivoli Certified Consultant