nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Collect data

2002-04-22 07:18:54
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Collect data
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:18:54 -0400
Pablo, did you try Stephen's suggestion? It looks like it should work.

The final solution, of course, may be to collect more than you want
but only look at the results that you do want.  I have also done it by
adding more than one entry for a devices, one for one set of
interfaces and one for another set of interfaces. This gets messy,
because I think you must define multiple mib expressions (in mibExpr.conf)
for the same mib variable to trick it into letting you add multiple
entries for the same node. So it would be nicer if you can find an
expression like the one Stephen describes which will work.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      Stephen

                      Hochstetler/Austi        To:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com
                      n/IBM@IBMUS              cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: [nv-l] Collect
data
                      04/18/2002 06:00

                      PM

Pablo,

I don't have a machine to check this on, but can't you simply do:

( i checked it out with egrep and it likes it)

^[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15]$

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste AT us.ibm DOT com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-8701

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com