nv-l

[nv-l] netview and inventory

2002-04-02 14:53:18
Subject: [nv-l] netview and inventory
From: "can huynh" <can.huynh AT sympatico DOT ca>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:53:18 -0800
Hello,

does anyone have any experience on integrating Netview 7.1 with Tivoli Inventory (3.6.2 or 4.0) on Framework 3.7?

What we would like is to store data like
brand
model
description
serial number
of our network equipment in the Inventory database.

I have heard of Tivoli Manager for Network Hardware which looks ok for this (it is also described in the NV 6.0 redbook) but this was for Framework 3.6 and NV6.0. Furthermore, the last version of TMNH that I know is 2.2 which was released 2 years ago!