nv-l

Re: [nv-l] netview and inventory

2002-04-02 13:49:13
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview and inventory
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:49:13 +0100
Tivoli Integration Pack for NetView (TIPN) is shipped with NetView 6.0 - there was no update with the NetView 7.1 release.  TIPN, as shipped, integrates with Inventory 3.6.2 and I believe there is a patch available that includes integration with Inventory 4.0.  TIPN gets you the sort of information into Tivoli Inventory, that is available in the NetView object database.  Typically, that means stuff you can get from SNMP MIB-2 so you will get a Description, but there is no standard MIB variable for, say, serial number.

This was where TMNH was very good as it integrated with things like CiscoWorks, that asked much more detailed MIB questions, but unfortunately TMNH was withdrawn from marketing last year.

Cheers,
Jane

can huynh wrote:

Hello, does anyone have any experience on integrating Netview 7.1 with Tivoli Inventory (3.6.2 or 4.0) on Framework 3.7? What we would like is to store data likebrandmodeldescriptionserial number...of our network equipment in the Inventory database. I have heard of Tivoli Manager for Network Hardware which looks ok for this (it is also described in the NV 6.0 redbook) but this was for Framework 3.6 and NV6.0. Furthermore, the last version of TMNH that I know is 2.2 which was released 2 years ago!

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights reserved.