nv-l

[nv-l] nvsniffer discovery ???

2002-04-02 14:19:39
Subject: [nv-l] nvsniffer discovery ???
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz AT Princeton DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:19:39 -0500
Sol 2.6
NV 7.1

I want  NVSNIFFER to use a SMARTSET as the group of devices to discover
a TCP port.

I noticed that there is a difference in what the documentation says in
7.1 ADMIN REF page 139 and what the MAN PAGE says for NVSNIFFER.

It looks like the man page is correct.

In the doc it states that the -c is for defining the SMARTSET to test
but in the man it states that the -c is for config file and no option to
test a smartset.

I have a smartset with 3com switches in and I want to test the devices
for port 80 and hope it set the field var for each so I can use the WEB
access from  netviews TOOLS / WEB-DEVICE-MANAGEMENT  pulldown. .

Jeff