nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Problems with netview 7.1 in Win2K professional

2002-04-12 11:12:54
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Problems with netview 7.1 in Win2K professional
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:12:54 -0400
Sorry but I have given all the help I can.  I don't know anything about
ODBC or the installation of it.
My only advice is to call Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Mark van Kerkwyk" <mark AT vk DOT net>
04/12/2002 11:07 AM

        To:     nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [nv-l] Problems with netview 7.1 in Win2K
professional

Hi james,
            the variable is there and looks correct. I have narrowed the
install crash down to the ODBC install, I have all of the required
sopftware (according to the rel notes), when the install program is
setting up the databases, a CMD.EXE window pops up (with another 2 hidden
ones) and just sits there, at the same time, the Netview install
application is "Not Responding". Could there be a conflict with something,
does anyone actually know what the install process is trying to do at all,
can the database config be skipped somehow ?

Any idea on what goes on when this DOS window pops up, as it displays no
information whatsoever.
Thanks
Mark

"James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
12/04/2002 09:19 AST