nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Problems with netview 7.1 in Win2K professional

2002-04-12 07:31:21
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Problems with netview 7.1 in Win2K professional
From: pweischer AT mmm DOT com
To: "Mark van Kerkwyk" <mark AT vk DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:31:21 +0200
Hello,
we are running NetView 7.1 on W2K Server on the D: drive without any
problems.
We did not setup anything special for NetView in the OS.

On our servers, Service Pack 2 is installed. Do you have any service pack
installed?

Peter Weischer
IT-TIP / Technology and Infrastructure Projects
3M Deutschland GmbH, Carl-Schurz-Str. 1, 41453 Neuss
Fon: +49 (0)2131 14 2401, Fax: +49 (0)2131 14 122401
Triminet: 444 2401, eMail: pweischer AT mmm DOT com

                    "Mark van

                    Kerkwyk"             To:     "nv-l" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com>
                    <mark AT vk DOT net>        cc:     (bcc: Peter
Weischer/GE-Europe/3M/US)
                                         Subject:     [nv-l] Problems with
netview 7.1 in Win2K
                    12.04.2002            professional

                    14:02

Anyone had problems getting Netview 7.1 installed on WIN2K Pro.

The install hangs everytime during the setting up ODBC bit, a cmd.exe box
pops up and never goes away and the Netview stops responding also.

I wonder if Netview will run properly on a drive other than C: also, I have
installed all code on D: but when starting the service (after a failed
install), it says that certain files files do not exist, when they do
actually exist on D: drive in the path stated (without the drive letter).

Any ideas ??

Mark