nv-l

Re: WebServer on version 5.1 -Reply

1999-01-21 13:07:45
Subject: Re: WebServer on version 5.1 -Reply
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:07:45 -0500
Gil -

With NetView  V5,  you can no longer do lslpp and find out a maintenance
level for NetView.  All it will show is that you have 5.1 installed.   Try
"lslpp -ha nv6000.base.obj" and see.  Since there are no longer any PTFs
for NetView, but Tivoli cross-platform patches instead, that is all you
will ever see.  The patches will be applied by the Tivoli framework, not by
lslpp.  And the 5.1.1 patch is not yet available.   It's about a month or
so away.

The APAR number for the NetView webserver locking /etc/password is IX83228.
To bypass the problem, you just stop the webserver processes, as has been
mentioned before.  If you need the e-fix, then call Support.  You can give
them the APAR number and they will help you get the e-fix.  In fact, they
will figure out the APAR number if you don't know it -- that's their job.

Hope this helps clarify things

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG AT LABS.WYETH DOT COM> on 01/21/99 09:52:55 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>