Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] restores from client not working

2012-06-26 16:28:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] restores from client not working
From: Wayne T Smith <WTSmith AT maine DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:28:00 -0400
Thanks for the reply, Bluejay.  Yes, that usually works for me, too, but not this time.  Guess it's time to crank up logging on the server, if I can find an otherwise quiet time.   Wayne

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com> wrote, in part:
>  I'm guessing
> that some part of the NetBackup client is needing a package and the
> protocol-less NetBackup is swallowing up the message, never to be seen by
> humans.

One trick I've used is to telnet to the client on various NetBackup
ports and see if any error messages come back.

For example:
       telnet clientnode 13782
       <error message about not being able to load a library>

Or try starting various NetBackup binaries manually on the client and
see if any errors result.